Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Firsts

First of all Let me wish you a most productive 2008 (whatever that may mean to you), stress free and full of enjoyment.

The First person I thought about for the New Year was Johan, my other half, although I had spoken to him only an hour earlier when Trinidad was ringing in the new year. He makes me laugh.

The first out of the ordinary thing I did for the New Year was to pee outdoors, seeing as I couldn't find a port-a-potty in a place where there was a large number of people (quite a strange occurrence in America), it steamed. Trinis might find this hard to get their heads around but thats what happens when it is cold.

The first thing I ate in the New Year was Crix when I got back home. (for any non-trini readers, this is like our National cracker haha) It was quite satisfying sitting in my chair with some crix and hot tea.

This first annoying thing to happen in the New Year was to realise my internet was screwy. COULD NOT believe it! (Don't worry, it came back pretty soon and I had my crix to pacify me in the meantime)

My first act on the internet for the new year (after checking tomorrow's football schedule) was/is to write this post. I do believe in making resolutions. After all why celebrate the new year if some part of it isn't celebrating a new beginning. So I resolve to revive my blog in 2008.

I also resolve to worry about things less, to lime more, and to learn to snowboard.


Happy 2008!!

2 comments:

lime said...

giggling at the lesson of steaming tea. i remember a trini friend visiting in winter and being astonished that the toilet seat could be so cold.

snowboarding gyal? ya really gone native now!

happy 2008!

lime said...

steaming pee rather*