Friday, June 02, 2006

Football Fever

I'm writing cuz I haven't in a while and I don't want this to become something I gradually forget about. So I've been visiting my Brasilian friend Costa (of course we talked about football and who's gonna win the World Cup) and she got me to join a fantasy game on Yahoo. And now I've had a visit from
Fortress Guiness talking about football again so... I guess I can ramble on for a bit...

THE WORLD CUP STARTS IN ONE WEEK!!!!!! Can u beleive it?!? All of a sudden we're in June and here comes the one month we, the people who play football with the foot and the round ball, look forward to with such expectation and excitement ;) So of course Costa thinks Brasil can do it, but thinks they're too laid back, maybe even cocky. I like Holland, and of course Brasil. NOT England, never been an England fan. And it's not helped by the fact that Trinidad are playing against them. As for Trinidad, there's no point in being the stupid fan and saying "TRINIDAD WININ' DE WORLD CUP!!" no sorry, I'm not unpatriotic, simply realistic. As long as we don't go and get completely disgraced i'll be happy. Altho things dont look so good right now as we've lost 2 warm up games...hmmm, that's happened to other teams too though... One of the African countries might surprise, as have happened before with Cameroun and Nigeria, that'll be fun.

So now I'm just waiting for my Trinidad & Tobago scarf to arrive in the mail so I can wave it at the sports bars hehe, there's a huge lime in Manhattan (new york) for the Trinidad v Sweden game, and I'm sure there'll be more after that, no lime like a world cup lime :) So I'll have my scarf and be a proud TRINI! regardless of the result. I love football for that: yes the passion causes fights and stuff but everybody appreciates a good game. You english hooligans need to cool down! someone keyed my uncle's car in London when he put on a Trinidad decal, geez.

I need to go finish picking my World Cup fantasy team. Much strategy involved you know. You get points based on the players stats so I'm gonna have to look at the groups carefully. e.g. I picked the Trinidad goalie I guess he will be pretty busy making saves lol (again realistic) and therefore more points. hehe Maybe I should find a player who fouls alot, I'll collect points for tackles HA..but then i think they minus for fouls :/ This can be figured out...

Till next time... T & T!! WE WANT AH GOAL!!

3 comments:

lime said...

well i cannot rootfor the rabid brits. they just too mad. and brazil, no way. too flashy. now you have to know that i'm rootin for TNT! yeah, i know we cyar take it all. but still, they are my team.

Anonymous said...

Brazil is too flashy? Nah, we're not flashy..we just don't pretend to be less than we are ;)

Janelle, I'll root for T&T as my second team...;)

Anonymous said...

By the way, Janelle.. FINISH YOUR DAMN TEAM! :)
And join our group!