Thursday, June 29, 2006

universal phenomenon

ok say it with me now: phe-no-me-non, take your time, it'll come ;)

Considering now I've experienced some of Scandinavia, and thinking of a couple other countries I've been, I think there are some things you'd likely see in most parts of the world:

* the people who are dressed like "what the hell is he/she wearing?!"
* the British or American tourist with the shorts and bright white sneakers
* the stalker guy at the club
* the weird guy at the club (as distinct from the stalker)
* the grumpy service employee
* McDonalds (except in Trinidad, we got rid of them)
* the Indian taxi driver
* the harmless drunk middle-aged man (very entertaining)
* the group of boys having fun messing around
* football fans
* street/road construction
* cute toddlers
* droves of Japanese people with cameras
* people who don't know the meaning of "personal space"
* helpful people
* great food
* a good laugh :-)

Of course I'm sure I'm forgetting a few more but...

1 comment:

lime said...

what a great list! and may i say i am soooo glad mcdonald's has not made it in trinidad. they still have burger boys in town?