Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Coaching kids

I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF KIDS ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear I'm about to shoot myself! just cuz I can't shoot one of THEM instead!! Smart-ass kids, ADD kids, kids seemingly with speech impediments, wimpy kids, kids chattering all the time, they're doing my head in!! All this out in the sun too!!

Thankfully there's also the small cute ones whose ball reaches knee height to them, there's the intelligent ones you can talk to, the older ones you can laugh with, the ones who are serious about learning stuff, and the ones you might actually have a good relationship with.

What a summer! only two more days to go. And then what? MORE KIDS! fun. The life of a coach. Well I guess nobody held a gun to my head and told me to go be a coach. It's in fact a good experience for me, I'm only venting now because I've been doing this EVERY DAY for the last 7 weeks, but to be honest I like it. I've had a couple EXCELLENT weeks where I miss the kids later on. Then there's weeks like this one where I want to squeeze their necks, but we'll just leave that alone. Yet I hear we're getting good reviews. THere's nothing like when you complete the week and the kids want to make sure you'll be there the next time they come to camp, or they make sure they come to say goodbye, give you a hug, introduce you to their parents, ask for your screen name (bad idea to give that out). Yep, the end of the week, the end of the week, end of the week....end of the week......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just study the money!!!!

lime said...

lol, the joys and trials of teaching...yep, you nailed it. seems you've survived though so that's good.

Anonymous said...

This is what it's all about.......geting thanks for helping people with their game of football....it's a big part of being a good coach...and you've nailed that part!

ttfootball said...

Thanks "anonymous". Appreciate it. Good luck at tryouts.