Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What a great coach I am!

wow this'll be 2 posts in 2 days!

Part of the reason I am so busy and backed up with school is that I am engulfed with coaching! or is it that I am engulfing myself... sometimes I truly feel like I spend more time planning my sessions than on my homework. And with kids tryin to get me to come to their games (admittedly I also promised during summer that I would) I am also running into scheduling problems - I missed half of a class to go to a game, and probably will do the same again in a couple weeks. My grades never suffer from this though, all I need is to pull over-nighter to catch up on my projects ;-) But in the meantime it's good PR for myself as a coach: the parents like me, the kids ask for me, and some of it gets back to the coaching director which makes me look good :-)

SO back to the game when I missed half my class: talk about parents liking me, I'm invited to dinner (for the second time from these people). So I'm hanging out with the parents, we're talking about the team and the season blah blah blah, then about camp: this kid (senior, goalie & captain) tells her Mom about a conversation at camp where the coaches were talkin about getting her to supervise the dorm for us so we could all go out to the bar! LOL Fortunately she also said that I would never let that happen. Now I'm REALLY in the good books right? I'm looking at the mom telling the story, laughing along, while thinking "if you knew that me and your daughter took a shot together..." What a great coach I am!!!



p.s. Great player, good head on her shoulders, and WELL above the drinking age in Trinidad ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya. I am much more a cheerleader than an athlete but I have great respect for you and your ability to coach as well. Nice pic.

Thanks for stopping by. :)

ttfootball said...

thanks...I try :-)