Monday, April 16, 2007

The weather

Unless you really completely outta it, you must know that the Northeast US has had terrible weather the last few days: snow, sleet, rain, flooding. And it was unseasonably cold even before all that started. UUUGGGHHH!!!

Yes I know I've come to enjoy the different seasons and for once I am actually getting out of spring in a good mood which I attribute to changing the clocks earlier than usual so the dark afternoons ended sooner. But now this is getting just a tad annoying. Yesterday I sat here and watched the rain, and along with that, watch the park slowly flood. Couldn't it be like home where the rain is warm? even when its windy as hell?! DAMN! Times like these is when you miss the wet and dry season life. I can't even imagine how those people who are getting snow must be feeling, and is not a lil snow, is PLENTY snow. Meanwhile flood like mad closer to the sea where it is "warmer", and it might go on for a couple days more.

Hear nah, is really time to stop being cold now man, geez. This cold is crippling, I gone with my fas' self and pack up my winter stuff. Now I only have a few long sleeve things, 2 or 3 sweaters, and a light jacket. Thank god I thought about keeping my underarmor for late-evening coaching on those damn windy fields. Why they like to put fields on top a hill in the back of the bush? and when is time to go home and it gettin dark you have to make sure you eh bounce no deer in the road?! Lawd my poor old car if I bounce a deer...

ok clearly I am annoyed and rambling. But seriously is the weather. I didn't even work out today because I was cold. And then to make it worse there was no heat when I came home, better I had go to the blasted gym. Can you picture those people running the Boston marathon today? Torture. Somehow I think it would be easier when it is hot and just keep drinking than having your joints freeze up as you try to run.

For all the times I've said 60'sF (teens celsius) was "nice" and for all those people who were thinking something must be wrong with me as a Trini: I WISH IT WAS WARM!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody pray to the Sun Gods.

Till nex time...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Running the Boston marathon must be a pain, no matter what! ;)
Nah.. Enjoy the weather! It has its charm... And remember; it'll change and turn around before you know it! Happy Spring!!
Warm Porsgrunn-hugs :)

Unknown said...

Like I told someone else, this spring has become the "Winter that never leaves" LOL

lime said...

i am dying laughing here. yes, i am sick of the weather and at first you sounded like you'd turned into a proper northerner by complaining about weather being out of season but then yuh show de trini side.

lemme jus say, there was times when i was so hot in trinidad i was jus wishin and prayin for a cold rain. like when is all cloudy an overcast, dat is when all yuh should be getting relief from de heat when it rains but no, is HOT rain, is like a steam bath and i sittin dere sweatin and thinking ah, today is a col day i can wrap up in meh blanket and have meh tea but no, like i sweat to death if i try dat! LOL, welcome north gyul!

hehehe

ttfootball said...

LOL LOL LOL!!!
Lime you are too much! rain like a steam bath HAHAHA

Meghan said...

hey, i remember some pretty cold rain in trini, and wishing for a blanket shivering with just my sheet. maybe it was chillier in diego ;)

but i hear you tt, this weather sucks. looking better for the weekend though. yay!