Tuesday, June 05, 2007

so what happened to the bike?

*taken with permission from the blog of said friend

"....At night, when I came back, all that was left was the cut-open lock. My bike was stolen!!! I was too tired to get mad, but I just thought “blæææææææææææææææææææ” Frick-it! I figured I’d never see my bike again..

I went to the police and reported the crime (yes we do that here in Norway…). The police lady said I’d receive a letter in a couple of weeks that said that they’d left the case.. Oh well.. I checked with the insurance people and started moving on from my loss. Still cursing the stupid people who stole my ride…

BUUUUUUUUUUUUT!

Yesterday as I was walking to school I saw a man riding MY bike I’m BROKE and want my bike back, so I called out to the man (in a smiling, friendly tone)

“Hi! Excuse me?!”

- uhmmm, yes?

- I just wondered, where did you get that bike?

- Uhmmm…I borrowed it from a friend in Skien..

- Humm.. that’s weird..That is actually my bike… It was stolen last week..

- Oh.. woops..

- Can I have my bike back?

-

To make the story short: He, an old “druggis”, gave me my bike back!!! ! I thanked him for his cooperation and he walked away.. expecting a few hits in the face from his “friend” in Skien!

I got my bike back!!! And! The best of the story: The thief had brushed off all the stickers (okay, that’s not cool) but he also brushed off the rust, tightened the loose breaks, putting on new “dirt-stoppers”, and putting “5-56” on the rusted nails and such!!!! LOL! MY win! "

See what I mean? I need to go live over there for a while!

1 comment:

lime said...

man, that is just unbelievably civilized. restores some faith in people, doesn't it?